From Banker to Physiotherapist
Danny Keane Ph. Th. M.I.A.P.T - Founder of Newbody
Danny Keane started his career in insurance and banking . In this role he experienced what workstations, multiple computer screens and stress can do to the human body.
After taking a sports massage to restore his body from a long week in the office, his fascination for the power of massages and physiotherapy was ignited. Danny completed a number of courses and discovered that he had a natural ability for diagnosing and treating injuries . At that point he made the big decision to switch careers.
Danny trained to become a State registered physiotherapist and further specialized in ergonomics and musculoskeletal injuries. Meanwhile he quickly gained a broad experience via many different mediums including working in clinics, the corporate and sports environments.
Expertise in physiotherapy and workplace ergonomics assessments
Today, Danny focuses on his two areas of expertise: offering physiotherapy from his clinic in Ashbourne and providing a superior Ergonomic assessment program around Ireland.
Danny is a keen Rugby fan. However, being a born and bred New Yorker, there will always remain that sweet spot for a bat and ball. He currently plays on the Ashbourne Giants baseball team and is the official Physio for The Irish National Baseball Team.
- Bsc. Applied Health and Physical Therapy
- National Qualification in Neuromuscular and Physical Therapy
- National Qualification in Orthopaedic Sports Massage
- ITEC Diploma Sports Massage
- ITEC Diploma Holistic Massage, Anatomy and Physiology
- Certified Onsite Corporate Massage Therapist
- NISO Qualified VDU/DSE Assessor
- Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist (CEAS)
- Member of Irish Association of Physical Therapists (MIAPT)
- Sports Therapist to Canada National Rugby Union Team 2017
- State Registered Physiotherapist (CORU)